Hello there! Welcome to the blog 🙂
I am the Young FIRE Knight – champion of the realm, defender of the innocent, traveling far and wide in search of unknown wonders… Well, maybe in the Game of Thrones universe I would be, but not here.
In reality I’m just a regular, average 27 year old on a journey towards FIRE (Financial Independence/Retire Early), and planning to leave my corporate job while still in my 30s.
Not sure what FIRE is? Here’s a quick Intro, which also happened to be my very first post.
I began this blog in 2017 as a way to document my journey towards this feat and show that by making a few conscious life choices, you can be on the path to FIRE yourself.
Instead of a being a penny-pincher and cutting all expenses to the bare bones, I choose to live life intentionally, and spend money on the things that give me value.
While I don’t consider myself to have done anything special so far on this journey, that’s the beauty of it: just about anyone can pursue this lifestyle!
On the blog I share my money mistakes:
- My $100K car
- Saving money with no purpose
- Spending too much money at the bars
- Being prepared for healthcare
My money wins:
As well as savings strategies that have worked well for me:
- Pay Yourself First
- Switch to Online Savings Accounts
- Have Multiple Savings Accounts
- Simplify Your Investing
In addition, in order to hold myself accountable to my goals and provide transparency into my financial life, I share a monthly Net Worth Update where I break down my entire month’s income/spending and how those affect my overall Net Worth.
My goal is to provide proof on a monthly basis that, it is in fact possible to reach this mythical stage where you don’t have to work anymore to provide for the life you want to live!
There will be no hoodwinks, no tricks, just good old fashioned hard work, savings, and most importantly, smart investing that brings me to this feat.
I hope my astonishingly unsexy story can help inspire you to see how you can shun the typical consumer driven lifestyle, and opt to travel a different road.
With that, take a look around and see for yourself if this is something you are interested in.
Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have, or if you just want to say hello. I love meeting with and talking to new people! 🙂
Here’s a couple fun facts about me:
- I’ve always been a natural saver, though I could have done a lot better in my early career years. For more on my background, check out Part I (through college) and Part II (post college-2017).
- Here is my personal mission statement of sorts: Ignem Mittere In Terram
- I’m a “retired” college athlete (Division II Football), though nowadays I enjoy yoga, stretching and exercising to keep me physically and mentally fit.
- I love spending time adventuring in the outdoors. This world has so much beauty in it; my goal is to see as much of it as I can!
- There is no doubt in my mind that I know more about Harry Potter than you do.
You can also follow me on other outlets:
- Twitter (for day to day and sharing other bloggers’ great content!)
- Instagram (for the adventures!)
- Facebook (not on here much, but another way to view/share posts!)
If you enjoy this blog, feel free to subscribe! I promise, I’ll only send notifications of new posts over. No spam and you can unsubscribe at any time 🙂